market value was about $790 billion Monday morning, compared to Microsoft’s $785 billion. Apple, which had been part of a close three-way race for the seat, is now down to about $694 billion in market value after plunging last week on the news of its weak iPhone sales. Google parent company Alphabet has surpassed Apple with a market value of about $740 billion.
Amazon’s stock was up about 2.7 percent on Monday, trading around $1,618 per share, while Microsoft was up just about half a percent at around $102 per share. Microsoft announced Monday it was working with Kroger to take on Amazon’s cashierless Amazon Go stores with its own take.
- ^ Amazon (www.cnbc.com)
- ^ Microsoft’s (www.cnbc.com)
- ^ hold on the title (www.cnbc.com)
- ^ market value (www.cnbc.com)
- ^ Apple (www.cnbc.com)
- ^ three-way race (www.cnbc.com)
- ^ plunging last week (www.cnbc.com)
- ^ Alphabet (www.cnbc.com)
- ^ announced Monday (www.cnbc.com)
- ^ Subscribe to CNBC on YouTube. (www.youtube.com)
- ^ Amazon may be looking to expand Whole Foods across the US (www.cnbc.com)